ways to keep your body in balance. Try combining physical movement, conscious breathing, relaxation and calming the mind as part of your daily routine. It can have a massive positive effect on the mind/body system. Moving the joints and parts in the body a little bit each day, even if it’s only 10 minutes a day, consistently over time can make an enormous difference. It comes down to getting all the parts to cooperate and work together through movement, mindfulness and our own internal resources. This creates balance in the mind/body system.
- Try daily yoga simple pose practice.
- Conscious breathing a simple way to become centered and calm.
- Meditation and relaxation are a wonderful practice that can produce a calm mind in the midst of turmoil.
- Try bringing simple functional movements back into your daily routine. Just a 10 minute a day commitment for significant changes in how your body functions and feels.
- Try Advanced Orthopedic Medical Massage and Rapid-Release for some real physical changes that can help release the old mind-body connection problems.
- Change your posture. Profound changes can occur when inflammation goes away, and changing your posture while sitting and standing just slightly and with transitioning between these positions can help to reduce muscle spasms that can create chronic inflammation in the body.
- Try dancing to your favorite music for at least 10 minutes a day. Dancing is one of the most complex movements we do as humans, and as we grow older we tend to move less and get into repetitive patterns of just sitting, standing and moving forward. Movement is how we train our central nervous system what we want to do, and what we expect our body to do. We create an envelope or a normal range of motion that we want to gradually expand. When we reduce our movement over the years we reduce the bodies envelope of a range of motion, and then an unexpected movement can take us outside of that envelope and we run the risk of a strain or an injury.
I offer a yoga simple pose practice as a way to start getting the benefits of yoga right now. I feel that it important to mention that, incorporating and focusing on the breath and movement together brings about an abundance of calm and peace within the mind/body system. The postures will build strength, create flexibility and to stimulate and improve circulation. Flexibility of the spine is essential for maintaining a healthy body and youthful appearance. Practicing yoga on a regular basis can defuse the affects of stress and tension, leaving the mind calm and the body peaceful, but its only temporary, many of the ancient text tells us: Yoga is only beneficial to the student when they continually practice on a daily basis. Yoga is not a quick fix, for many devoted yoga students it takes them years or even a lifetime of practice to achieve self-actualization, enlightenment, and peace.
Enjoy your yoga practice and get the changes you’ve always wanted.
Functional movement and being in the moment can make a big difference in the way your body feels!